[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) FWD: What should I buy? (rich field scopes)

> Luis,
> I would suggest that if you must keep the Telrad, you do as my friend did
> and adapt it to accept better eyepieces with a wider field of view and buy a
> better mount for it.

Just to clarify things a bit, Luis: Penny is suggesting you upgrade your TELESCOPE to accept 1.25" (Outer Diameter) eyepieces. As you know of course, Telrads are "naked-eye" pointing devices, and don't use eyepieces! :)

I'd second both Penny's suggestions, if your finances permit. And in fact, I'd say replace your focuser INSTEAD OF getting a better finder: Telrads work fine. In fact I have a 20" f/5 dobsonian scope, and I very rarely use anything other than the Telrad to point it. Of course, I also have a very wide-field eyepiece (about 55') which I use on the main scope!

Clear skies,
Lew