[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(IAAC) Astronomy Club's Choice: Big DOB or CCD?

Astronomy Club's Choice: Big DOB or CCD?

As many of you know the Atlanta Astronomy Club is currently locked in
debate about the future of our astronomy club. Key in the debate are
several initiatives: a 24 or 25 inch class dobsonian; smaller aperture
scope with CCD in a robotic or remote observatory;  refurbishing our
current club observatory under light polluted skies; and/or locating a
remote (1 1/2 to 2 hour) dark site for observing and possible observatory.

I'm sure that many other clubs have wrestled with similar questions as
they've charted the growth of their club.

What was your solution?

How did you fund your decision?

Did it work out as well as you'd hoped?

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Please contact me by email at artrussell@mindspring.com with your comments
bearing on this situation.

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Art Russell

Atlanta Astronomy Club

Big Dobs - "Size Does Matter"

SUBSCRIBE TO THE BIGDOB LIST!
Send message addressed to:  listserver@ucsd.edu
Leave the SUBJECT LINE blank
In the FIRST LINE of the MESSAGE type: SUBSCRIBE  (your email address)
bigdob-l