[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: M7 Butterfly cluster - Inst: Orion 6" Dob

Hi, Dave:
Yor're right - I feel like a total ditz. What I must have done is forget
that I was looking at an inverted view and the one on the right in the
scope is actually on the left. Thanks for the correction.
William
Dave Mitsky wrote:

> Isn't M6 the Butterfly cluster?   See
> http://seds.lpl.arizona.edu/messier/m/m006.html
>
> Dave
>
> William L. Schart wrote:
>
> > ----
> >
> > Observer: William L. Schart
> > Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
> > Date/time of observation: 8/26/98 10:22 pm CDT
> > Location of site: Killeen, TX (Lat 31 N, Elev 600 ft)
> > Site classification: Suburban
> > Sky darkness: 3 <Limiting magnitude>
> > Seeing: 6 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
> > Moon presence: Minor - crescent or far from object
> > Instrument: Orion 6" Dob
> > Magnification: 48x
> > Filter(s): none
> > Object(s): M7 Butterfly cluster
> > Category: Open cluster.
> > Class:
> > Constellation: Sgr
> > Data: mag   size
> > Position: RA :  DEC :
> > A very pretty cluster, the butterfly shape is readily apparent, with a
> > framework of brighter stars filled in by fainter one.s
> > --
> > Optional related URLs:
> > ** This observing log automatically submitted via the Web from:
> >   http://www.tiac.net/users/lewkaren/netastrocatalog/enter-log.html

Follow-Ups: References: