[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Is the chat still on?

Luis any chance of writing some of this stuff up for the Webb society
magazine ?

At 09:57 25/01/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Dear friends,
>
>In our "33 in Orion observing project" there was a scheduled chat last
sunday at 20:30 UT. I was there from about 20:05 to 20:45 waiting alone for
more people, and it seems that Dave was also there. I suspect that Delphi's
technology for chatting (www.delphi.com) is far from perfect. I'll think
about better ways to establish future chats.

>Anyway this international observing project is a wonderful success. Every
double star in the list has been observed several times and I think our Web
results page is the more serious amateur study of double stars in Orion
actually on the Internet.

>The closing date is February, 15th, so yet there is room enough for new
participants and observations.

>Last, but not least, I have the pleasure to announce that there will be
another "33 doubles observing project" this spring in constellation Leo.
Please, e-mail me for more details.