[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) What kind of barlow for a dobsonian?

Cindy E Fisher wrote:

> I just got 8"dobsonian and have no barlow lens yet.  Does anybody have
> any suggestions on what kind would suit the dob? I am new at this and I
> haven't anyone to go  for advice and there seems to be many choices out
> there.
>
> email: burdena@juno.com
>
> clear and peaceful nights
>
> cindy

Cindy,

I have owned a Celestron Ultima 2x Barlow lens for 7 years and have been
very satisfied with its performance.  Also good are the Tele Vue Barlows and
the new Powermates.  The 2.8x Klee Barlow from University Optics has its
fans as well.

Dave Mitsky
ASH, DVAA