[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: VDBHA176 - Inst: 20" f5 dobsonian

Thanks, Andrew - your observing logs continue at the same level of very high
quality, and your choice of targets becomes ever more intriguing.

However, I'm once again forced to ask your help on nomenclature! The Lynga
catalog I'm familiar with, and I assume that "Djorgovski" is a catalog with
very few objects indeed. :) However, "VDBHA" was a new one to me - in spite
of the fact that a quick search shows there to be quite a large number of
clusters in the Southern sky with this designator, including Eta Car!

I assume that the "VDB" is van den Bergh. And the "HA"?

Forgive the ignorance of Northern observers on these catalogs: however,
after your contributions, we can hope that Southern amateurs will find
the Archives of the IAAC just as useful as their Northern counterparts!

Clear skies,
Lew

Follow-Ups: References: