Constellation: Serpens
Data: mag 6.5  size 25'
Position: RA 18:16  DEC 13:48
In my 10-inch Dobsonian at 44x the Eagle Nebula looks beautiful.  The cluster is in a vast diffuse nebula and is worth seeing.  I could see many bright stars in the field of view.  I could only see some of the nebula in the telescope and I could easily see the shape of the nebula with help of the stars of the cluster.  The star cluster was so rich that at 178x the center of the cluster looked clumped together.  Also at 178x I could see some brighter nebula at the center of the star cluster.  There were some brighter stars in the center also with one central star.  There were also two brighter stars south-east of the Eagle Nebula.
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: