Constellation: Pup
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
This little ring nebula was found while viewing M46. I was enjoying the view
of M46 when I notice dim glow in the SW portion of the cluster.  After
trying the OIII filter, the ring clearly popped into view. It was first
viewed at 59x, and then increased to 118x.  I was able to detect a star in
the center, but after doing some homework, found that it was just a
background star superimposed in the ring. The ring is smaller and dimmer
than M57, but was quite a treat.
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: