[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) plotting many at once (was Re: July 5/6 6/7)

>It is frustrating sometimes when you don't see anything for nearly an hour and
>then all of a sudden you see 3 coming from different directions within the same
>minute...dot it's the ole classical "Feast or Famine" syndrome I guess.

That's usually pretty invigorating for me: I find that I can actually remember
multiple events quite clearly IF I haven't seen much in the last half hour or
so. What gets me is remembering those #$! sequence numbers! When I send my
current batch of plots in to y'all (soon I promise!!), you'll note many gaps in
meteor sequence numbers: I'd just rather skip than reuse a number accidentally.

Of course I realize that this problem is just an artefact of my using the tape
recorder in concert with my plotting, but I've gotten so attached to the little
doohickey that I find it hard to log meteors any other way! :> Also, between
finding the right chart, finding the pen, and fiddling with the straight-edge, I
have trouble enough keeping my dead-times down! :)

Clear skies,
Lew