[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Antw: (meteorobs) Double Stations

Aan 2-08-96 22:48, in bericht <960802164811_591052830@emout17.mail.aoldot com>,
GeoZay@aoldot com schreef:

> << Since it had been broght up now, what is the ideal distance (baseline) for
>  double station work?
> ------
> Perhaps the Dutch observers or other European
> observers are more familiar with giving recommendations in this area? I
> believe they do it more routinely?

Please except that I am not an expert on this but I can tell about my own experience.

We, Felix Bettonvil, Urijan Poerink and me working on a station in the south-east of the
Netherlands normaly there are two stations operating at the same time, one in the east and one
in north west direction, at a distance between 60 and 100 km ( straight line).
In some cases this line is shorter, for instance when we are working on a crash site. In those
cases the baseline is often not longer than 35 to 50 km. In earlier day we had major problems
with communications end used CB radio's to keep in contact with the other group(s) now we use
portable telephones who makes life much easier and the baseline much longer.

For a more scientific orientation you should look into part 6 of the IMO photographic handbook
(p. 65-77) in which computations are given for the height, distance, directions of the optical axes
etc.
 If you need more specific information please let me know

Greeting,

Marc
--

Marc Neijts