[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Internet Message

Lew Gramer wrote:

> Wow!
>
> It's actually pretty darn interesting the "random radiant" you used to make
> your point happened to be around RA/Dec 5:00 +42, George! And that these 5
> "random meteors" were all Very Fast - generally a rare speed to see in a
> Sporadic... I say it's interesting because (assuming path lengths match), your
> meteors sound suspiciously like members of a complex related to the Delta
> Aurigids (DAU), a radiant recognized by IMO!

Lew you make some interesting comments but where did you get the idea
that very fast sporadics are rare? It all depends on what time of the
night as to what speed the sporadics appear. Your statement holds true
for the early evening period but the completely opposite situation
exists just before dawn. At that time of the night it is the slow
sporadics that are rare as a majority of the activity is colliding
head-on with Earth producing swift meteors.

Bob Lunsford

Follow-Ups: References: