[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Big earthquake

  Ah yes, the good ol'  Hector Mine Quake.  (thats waht USGS has named
it)
  No major damage here either in San Diego, though I was up at 0246
local time when it occurred.  At first, I thought it might have been all
the Heineken I'd drunk.. but when the TV stand, lampshades, plants all
started swaying back and forth in my apartment,..  It was a very nice
and extended (20-30 seconds) "roller".. nothing fell off any of my
bookshelves.

  Will be going out to do some ORI / EGE / NTA / STA observing
(finally!!) with Bob Lunsford tonight.  Should be crystal clear
these next couple of nights as a mild Santa Ana is currently forming.
Should be Fun ;->>>..  reports forthcoming.

Joseph
San Diego CA