[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Geminid Weather Prospects

Looking grim on Mauna Kea, with snow forecast until Saturday.  I'm
taking Monday and Tuesday off in the hope of getting at least two long
nights of telescopic watching.  Lew mentioned rates 1 to 5 per hour
(under +6.5 skies my average is about 10 per hour), but from superb dark
and transparent sites like in the south of France and Mauna Kea, it is
possible to reach 25 per Teff hour at this time of year as happened
during the 1990 display.

Malcolm