[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Re: meteorobs-digest V3 #243

I would have to agree with the floater hypothesis myself, as a biologist I
work with UV and laser light and constantly worry about my eyes. A couple
years back I started noticing floaters while backyard observing and then
some times during  daylight. Mine are also transparent. I went to the
Opthamologist and was told that as one ages the humor in your eye begins to
stream and thus floaters are produced. I was bummed that I  was old enough
to experience a floater. These "floaters" can move quite quickly in your
visual field depending on , eye movement, location and size.........and just
one other note. Eye strain can cause many anomalous vision affects so when I
am observing I am careful to take regular breaks and do some eye exercises
to relieve strain....My day job depends on good eyesight!!!!

Jason Shanley
Zeneca Pharmaceuticals
Rm B1120
1800 Concord Pike