[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Tri-satellite formation...

Patti et al -

You wrote:
>While viewing the meteor showers this past August 11 & 12,
>my husband and I both observed three points of light in an
>elongated triangle moving quite fast across the western
>sky.

Yes.  Many people saw this several years back at Canada's largest amateur
astronomical convention, Starfest.  It amazed and confused everybody.  None
of us had <ever> seen lights in a triangle formation!!

It's a triad of satellites, don't know the names.  I heard later that the
triad we saw was a military venture.

Dave English wrote:
>There's a group of satellites that are in a triangle and cause concern
>and reports from time to time, NOSS 6 is one and a US spy satellite if I
>recall corectly.

As Dave mentioned, I expect some of the satellite web sites would have more
info!

But no, it wasn't ducks, and it sure wasn't Canada geese! ;>  It was really
neat to see though!!

- Cathy Hall
  Ottawa, Canada