[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) memorable meteors

Hi!

   Most memorable meteors? A 16 second grazer (re-entry) last august. It
covered some 130 degrees. Zero magnitude and it trailed sparks. I saw if
from my observing location (Velenje) and Javor and Jure saw it too, some
80 km away from me. Another was the -15m fireball on June 2, 1999 - I was
playing the guitar on a pier at the seaside when suddenly the entire sky
lit up. Shocking :)
   Other really memorable nights include some major shower peaks. During
GEM1999 we (Jure and I) had exceptionally clear skies with LM +7.3, while
a single count went over +7.50!
   Unmemorable nights? Yuck. Leonids 1999, Perseids 1999, most February
and March nights...

Clear skies!

Jure A.

P.S. - try the same question in several years time, when I've gathered
more experience :)