[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Etching

Hi All,

Can you tell us your opinion or experience of using Nitric Acid or
Ferric Chloride when etching on an iron meteorites. Any pros and con,
thought maybe you would like to share some informations to everyone.

My opinion is using nitric acid because it brings out brighter look than
ferric chloride. I tried with ferric chloride on my sliced gibeons and
it looks horrible so I switched over to nitric acid. It turned out to be
wonderful. Some says ferric chloride works on other kind of iron
meteorites such as CD or Campo. Oh well, I have not gone that far on any
other meteorites with ferric chloride.

Tom