[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Huan Meng's -10 Perseid of August 12/13

Interesting idea Mark but are we 100 percent certain this was a Perseid?
Another interesting point is that the other -10 Perseid seen at 13:37 UT
on the 14th left no sound whatsoever.

It's also interesting that the trains on these fireballs possessed such
a short duration. My experience with Perseids that bright is that they
will leave a persistent train visible to the naked eye for 3-4 minutes.

Finally, I interpreted Huan Meng's description to mean that the sound
was heard 200 seconds after the meteor itself was seen.

Regardless it sounds as if Huan and his friend had an unforgettable
experience. I appreciate that he took the time to share it with us!

Clear Skies!

Bob Lunsford