[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Estimating magnitudes

Joe et al -

----- Original Message -----
From: <Skywayinc@aol.com>
To: <meteorobs@atmob.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2001 6:22 PM
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Estimating magnitudes

> You (and everyone else) should be aware of the fact that in the 2001 RASC
> Observer's Handbook, there was a significant error regarding the apparent
> brightness of the planet Saturn.
> apparently, in 2001, the gentleman who writes "The Sky Month
> by Month" section (David Lane) utilized a different computer software
   program

> Earlier this year I had contacted the Handbook's Editor, Rajiv Gupta, to
> inquire about this.  He quickly responded by apologizing for the error and
> assuring me that in the 2002 Handbook that the planet magnitudes would
> again be based solely on the U.S. Naval Observatory data.

I'm glad you are keeping those Canadian computer gurus in line! ;>  Feedback
is always very important - as many of the rest of us rely on these published
sources.

I was, of course, recommending the <2002> Handbook, the one with the
correction! ;>

Gee... I just checked email and the following was posted to the RASC list...
we must have an eavesdropper! ;>