[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: What was Radiant in Ursa Major?

The apex sources are not meteor showers at all. They are one of the
constant sources of sporadic (random) meteors. The centers of these
sources lie approximately 15 degrees north and south of the ecliptic, 90
degrees west of the sun. On the night of the Leonid maximum the northern
apex source was positioned less than 10 degrees from the Leonid radiant.
It could not have produced any activity seen from Ursa Major. I would
expect any further reports of Leonid activity to be actually members of
the northern apex source as they appear very much like Leonid meteors.

Clear Skies!

Robert Lunsford