[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: microphone for sonic booms - IDEA

Possibility... think about using a simple TABLE TOP MICROPHONE.

Do a GOOGLE search for this item, they are relatively cheap.

Then... securely mount the microphone on the bottom side of a board or
plastic plate or what-have-you which will act as a sounding board / pickup
plate for the microphone.

The microphone can be sealed, once mounted, with some spray-on foam weather
sealant (found in your local builder's supply store).

Mount this in an open area suspended by some bungee cords from the corners
(like the kind you tie down stuff on the top of your vehicle with).

You might even add some vertical directivity by adding a "sounding horn"
pointed skyward.

What you think?

... Dave