[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: M39, Epsilon Lyrae, Delta Lyrae, M57(unsuccessful), the Coathanger, Deneb, NGC 7000 (North American Nebula) (unsuccessful) - Inst: 10x50 binoculars

JensBohle wrote:

> Erhan A. Ozturk schrieb:
>
> > M57: Between Beta and Gamma Lyrae, a few very faint stars are seen.
> > Maybe one of them is M57 but unfortunately, this observing session
> > was not a planned one so I haven't brought a detailed map with me.
>
> Hi Erhan!
>
> Few weeks ago I saw M 57 with a friends 10x50 Bino. I used two 2" O[III] Filters
> fixed in front if the objective lenses of the Bino. So M57 is easy to see. Try
> the other showpieces like Veil Nebulae, North America or NGC 281 using filters.
> I was so impressed that I didnīt use my 20incher :->
>
> Jens from Germany

Jens,

Doing M57 with 10x50's is pretty impressive.  I have been able to log it with my
Celestron 20x80's (unfiltered) from a fairly dark site.

Dave Mitsky
ASH, DVAA

Follow-Ups: References: