[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (IAAC) Obj: NGC 7000 (North America nebula, HV-37, LBN47, Sh2-117)...

Sue,

> Thank you.  Lacking any artistic talent, I make up for it by spending a
> phenomenally long time on each sketch.
(cut)
> Clear skies,  Sue

What's with "artistic talent" ? I mean, any "astro-sketcher" is only COPYING
what they see, like a photocopier or a scanner. Nothing artistic in there.

I say that because when I wanted to try astro-sketching, I similarly thought
I had no artistic talent. So I started looking at people's pictures and
sketched some. According to family / friends, I was pretty good, but I could
never draw someone from my own imagination, which would have been, I
believe, art. Finally, I never made any astronomy sketch. Maybe some later
day. (But then again, maybe I'd need to go observing more...)

Pierre Paquette
Montréal (Québec)

To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web form at:

Follow-Ups: References: